Friday, August 10, 2012

Amazing Discoveries!

I've had a hankering for s'mores lately. But what pregnant woman wants to roast a mallow over a fire in the middle of the afternoon? So, one day, I simply assembled the piece-of-heaven-in-your-mouth (complete with Reese's instead of Hersheys) and just popped it in the microwave for 15 seconds. Best. Thing. Ever. Try it. Now. Seriously.

Another amazing discovery has been cleaning with those magic eraser things. I just grabbed a different kind of brand at Big Lots for cheaper than the Mr. Clean brand. And, let me tell ya', I love 'em! Especially for getting scuffs off walls and doors and baseboards.

And, lastly, AMMONIA.
Yes, ammonia. I got this bottle at Big Lots for $1. My sister-in-law, Alleen, told me about this, and I looked it up online for specific instructions. This, my friends, was an absolute miracle. Watch this.

Okay, not the best pics, but you know how those grates/elements on your stove get really disgusting? Like, burned-on-anything-and-everything-for-years-and-years type of disgusting?

Simply put the grate into a gallon size Ziploc and pour a 1/4 cup of ammonia into the bag. Quickly seal the bag and let it sit. You can let it sit for three hours or overnight, depending on how dirty your grates are. I let mine soak overnight and when I took it out of the bag, all I had to do was SPRAY OFF THE BURNT ON GUNK. Not even joking. Some scrubbing was required afterward, but it wasn't difficult. Isn't that the best thing ever?!

Oh, FYI: be careful of the fumes. I did it with my windows open. Smart move, I think. You only need a 1/4 cup of ammonia in the bag because it's really the fumes that get all the stuff off.

No comments: