Because I didn't.
I didn't cry, that is. I did, however, put Parker and Stockton down for a nap, and I did drive back to Enoch that night, Cam and I went to church the next afternoon...
...and drove to St. George to meet up with Burke and Teresa Bess to begin our week-long vacation! Can't you see how excited we are?
We stayed at a Camelot-looking hotel called, "Whiskey Pete's" on Sunday night. Don't know how Camelot and the wild, wild west have to do with each other. Write a paper on it for your professor and have me read it if you think it's obvious.
After breakfast at IHOP Monday morning, we discovered a Bonnie and Clyde section of the casino. You should write another paper on THEM. Their story is fascinating--granted a bit wicked and scary. Among the shirt that Clyde was shot and killed in, and pictures and stories of their bank robberies, crazy escapes, and eventually, their deaths, the very car they were shot and killed in is also on display in the casino, riddled with a ridiculously high amount of bullet holes. Sixty? Ninety? I can't recall...
From there, it was off to Long Beach! We parked the car, checked in, and at 5:30, the Carnival Inspiration set sail.
I will admit, the thing I was looking forward to most was the dinners that you get all dressed up for. And the food. Yes, I was looking forward to the food.
The first night, Cam and I tried escargot--which tastes like whatever is put on it; in this case, butter...? And afterward, we participated in "So You Think You Can Dance?" Let me say: I do NOT think I can dance, but it was definitely fun making a fool out of myself, and at least thinking that I was cool. And why not? You'll never see these people again, right? In moments like that, I hope so...
CATALINA
| Taking the tender boat to the island |
| Just a funny sign on the door that I had hoped was a bathroom. I didn't think it was funny at the time. |
| We had the BEST peanut butter ice cream here. Frozen sheets of peanut butter made it so. |
That night was the captain's dinner--or the night that everyone was encouraged to dress their most elegant. There were photographers and backdrops set up at every corner (and I'm not just saying that), which made it more fun. Fun like... a high school dance. Only better. Tons better.
ENSENADA
We didn't know what we were going to do when we got off the boat in Ensenada. Nothing sounded superb like parasailing. So we simply boarded the shuttle and went to downtown Ensenada where we would board another bus that would take us to La Bufadora (aka "the blowhole") and the shops.
As I was handing my ticket to our tour guide, I heard him exclaim, "Again?"
I looked up at him and realization struck. "Alex?"
Both of our hands still grasping the ticket, he pulled me into a hug and asked, "What's it been, like, four or five years now?"
Lo, and behold, it was the same tour guide who had given us the tour on our honeymoon. Five years earlier. What a memory that guy has, eh?
| Unfortunately, the tide wasn't as high; therefore, La Bufadora wasn't a spectacular sight to see this time around. |
![]() |
| The 30 minute bus ride to the blowhole, the speaking with shop owners, paying 50 cents to use the bathroom, and whatever else must have tuckered us out! |
It was laughable how different this time in Ensenada was compared to our time five years ago. Five years ago, as a newlywed, having a shop owner stop in front of me put me into a cold sweat and near tears. I did NOT want to be in their shop! Then we'd have to buy something and I couldn't say no! We spent a total of five minutes amongst the shops because I nearly sprinted back to the bus, slowly veering left when the shop owners got too thick on my right side, and veering back again when they became too much to handle on my left.
This time, however, I'll just say I was a lot more calm and I actually enjoyed myself! We bought a little tractor for Parker that the man who sold it asked for $40, but we got him down to $16. Yay. And, as always, we found something later we would have liked a lot better. And, as always, the lady who would have sold it to us told us she would have given it to us for $13.
At dinner that night, Teresa and I were--can I say forced?--to dance Gangham Style with the waiters. Laughable, for sure! And so fun! Afterward we did another "So You Think You Can Dance?" presentation, but it was called Disco 101. Again, laughable and fun.
DAY AT SEA
![]() |
| Among other things, towel folding is one of the things we learned to do on our day at sea. |
![]() |
| I will forever be glad there is ice cream 24/7 on cruise ships! Cam looks as if it might have made him crazy to have that much sugar all the time. |
| The four of us with Ryan... |
| ...and Cenon III, our waiters. |
| Debarkation would not have been a very smooth one if my birth certificate had indeed blown away. Luckily the grate on the side of the walkway caught it. |
| Thank you, Burke and Teresa, for such a wonderful time! I think after a week, I finally stopped swaying! |











2 comments:
Wow 5 years already!? I can't believe how quickly time is going! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun on your cruise. I love cruises!! And I agree... Food is okay to look forward to haha! They have good food on cruises.
Fun! I love your pink and white striped dress! And you! That's all :)
Post a Comment