Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Birthday Cake All Around!

Cam knows exactly what I need.
For my birthday, Monday, January 19th, he sent me out of the house. I was alone for three hours. I shopped like a true girl and tried on things I wouldn't wear only to find out that I actually liked some of the styles. I had $80 in Maurice's gift cards and I spent another $40 on top of that. Unfortunately, if I would have bought everything that I wanted, I would have easily spent around $300. Oh, well. It was fun.

When I got home, Cam took the boys and I to The Pizza Cart. FYI: the pizza there is incredible and the people there are super nice.

My birthdays are not complete without chocolate. And chocolate. And more chocolate. Here is my cake that Cam made (see the number 27 in the candles?), which was served along a scoop of chocolate ice cream with some sort of chocolate in it. If we would have had chocolate syrup, I probably would have drizzled some on.


I even had some friends leave a banner on my door. How awesome are people 'round here?

All the texts, songs, happy birthday wishes, kindness, love, cards, smiles, and hugs made me one happy 27 year old!



Now on to Cam's birthday. Uh, no pictures. Sorry. 

On the evening of January 31st, I gave Cam the keys to the van, which had this attached to them (these little poems are part Dating Divas, part me):
Clue #1:
You already have the KEY to my heart.
Use this key to find where the treasure hunt starts.

He then headed to the garage to complete the rest of the hunt.
Clue #2:
You DRIVE me crazy like no one can beat.
Find the next clue in a carseat.

Clue #3:
Get ready for a night that rocks!
Find your next clue in the GLOVE BOX.

Clue #4:
You fill me up and FUEL my fire.
Check your gas tank for what's about to transpire.

Clue #5:
I love you so much, you make my heart melt!
Climb in your seat and buckle your belt!

He came back in after a few minutes and said with a sheepish smile on his face, "Was something supposed to happen? I buckled my belt and nothing happened."
Soon after, we hopped into the van and dropped the kids off at Ryan and Beckie Henrie's house where Tess and Tori watched the boys for us (thank you!!! ). All. Three. Boys. 
I then gave  Cam the last clue of the treasure hunt, which stated:
Clue #6:
You make my heart race, you know it’s true.
So how about a dinner for two?
Three kids at the sitter's, it's just you and me.
But there are two things that we must do, clearly.
Every stop light or stop sign, we must be caught smooching.
And for the rest of this date, we must always be touching!

Let me just say that surprising Cam with a dinner at Rusty's was phenomenal, the food was exquisite, and getting in and out of the car (especially to fill it up afterward with gas) was quite the adventure--since we had to be touching the entire evening.
We finished his birthday on his actual birthday (February 1st) with notes around the house and a spa night. Enough said. ;)

No comments: