Wednesday, May 27, 2015

"Imagine How Much Cooler We'll Be in Summer!"

My excited squeal that summer is finally here makes my stomach do an excited butterfly dance. I LOVE that Cam can stay home with us all summer and we can work on the house, go hiking, go swimming, and "do what frozen things do in summer."

1. Yard prep:
Cam planted grass the first weekend in April and in less than two months... BOOM. It needs to be mowed. But with all the rain we've had, it's been hard to find a good time to do it. There are bare patches, here and there, but, holy cow. We are OVERLY EXCITED to have some green in the front of our house! Cam also bought and planted tons of flowers in the front for Mother's Day.
The boys have been excellent help, too. And they--especially Parker--love to help Daddy outside. We bought them a little shovel to scoop poop, but he uses it for everything else that Daddy is doing.

2. Have fun in the sun!
The boys and I made gigantic chalk because we like that sort of thing. You can find the link here on how to make it. http://www.pbs.org/parents/crafts-for-kids/homemade-sidewalk-chalk/
We finally got away from the gray skies and the rain and wind by--what? No, no. The rain and the wind didn't leave us and let the sun shine through in Enoch. No. We had to go to St. George for that. If given something to eat, as Cam said, Parker and Stockton could stay at the splash pad all day. 

3. Family visits:
My brother, Braden, came down to visit us for five whole days! And, let me tell you, he is SUCH a good sport. He put up with the boys' meltdowns and screaming and was so patient. If any of you single ladies want someone who will be an excellent daddy, Bub's the man. ;) 
Anyway, he helped us plant flowers and do yard work, we played at the Aquatic Center, and we went to the temple in St. George and the splash pad with a Chuck-a-Rama lunch afterward. Man, Parker and Stockton LOVE their Uncle Bub. 

4. Melt:
I'll tell you one thing this "frozen [thing does] in summer": My heart melts sometimes. On our way home from Panguitch on the evening of Mother's Day, we rounded the corner on the mountain and this sunset graced our eyes. Parker said from the backseat, "Look, Mom! It's for you for Mother's Day!" Talk about heart meltage...


5. Melt. Again:
After Parker says something sweet like that, Stockton will put his hand on my swimsuit clad belly and say, "I like your belly, Mom. It's gray." It totally makes me remember that my kids and hubby, those who mean the most to me, JUST. DON'T. CARE. They don't care how un-flat (rather round, actually) my belly is. They're helping me say, "I don't care either. I'm in this to have fun with them."

And this little boy makes my heart melt, too. 
We're getting to the "get-into-everything-" stage. And he can't crawl yet. Deacon can army crawl and roll like a pro though!  



"Imagine how much cooler we'll be in summer!"



1 comment:

Karrilyn said...

I love it so cute I have a blog to but it is private if you want an invite I can send you one