Sunday, October 9, 2011

To: Women

In Relief Society we discussed Pres. Uchtdorf's General Conference talk. He began his talk by telling the story of Moses, and how he was raised in Pharaoh's court where there was nothing but gold, silver, idols, gems, and every manner of thing that boosts man higher than everything else. When Moses received his revelation from God, he stated, "Now I know that man is nothing, which thing I never had supposed." The grandeur of all God's creations was so infinitely beautiful that all the greatness Moses had grown up with was "nothing" compared to all that God had done.

And you know the mind boggling thing? God created all that breathtaking, mysterious beauty--everything from the most massive amount of space and stars and planets to the world's smallest atom of the smallest cell--for us.

How wonderful it is to think that compared to God, we are nothing; and yet, we are everything to God. Think of it, President Uchtdorf says. You are remembered by the most powerful Being in the universe. You are loved by the Creator of infinite space and everlasting time! (Those aren't the exact words, but the truth is still there.)

In this Relief Society lesson we were asked to think of people whose names may never make it onto plaques or receive awards, but those who have done things so great that God will certainly remember them and reward them in His own way. I was prompted to share: "I think everyone who has or ever will be a mom. (Whether that be in this life or the next.) They often forget how important they really are."

I had a talk with a very close friend yesterday, who is pregnant. As we were talking, I just wanted her to know, so badly, how much she had influenced me and how much she meant, not only to me, but to Heavenly Father. I wanted her to know, as well as every other woman out there who may be struggling with motherhood or other things in their lives, that their Heavenly Father LOVES them. So much! He cries every time you do; He cries every time He sees you struggle; and He cries when you talk yourself down, and deny how truly important you are to Him.

I also felt prompted after the lesson to share my testimony with the Relief Society sisters. I told them that they are worth it. They are SO important to God. A lot of them were probably thinking, "How can she say that? She doesn't know me!" And they'd be right. I don't. But I know who... they... are. I know that they are daughters of a King, and that they deserve to know that they are princesses.

I know that I talk myself down a lot--so don't think that I'm preaching or anything. I am at fault probably more than anyone else! But I just want all the women EVERYWHERE to know and to trust that they are daughters of a King, and that they can trust in Him to help them. God doesn't care what you look like, what you've done, or who you think you are... He loves you so much. And He always, always will.

No comments: