Saturday, November 12, 2011

Little Guy

Parker's year appointment was last month. He weighed 18 lbs. 12 oz. then, and because he has only gained two pounds since he was six months old, our doctor wanted him to have some blood work done. Turns out that his iron is low, so we've been giving him iron drops and feeding him lots in order to make the news at his next doctor's appointment good to hear.

That "next appointment" was yesterday. And he's six ounces lighter than he was a month ago. Hm...

So, in three days, we will make the trip to St. George to see a pediatric gastrointestinal specialist to see what exactly is going on. Frankly, I'm not worried because everything else about Parker is normal. This "unworried-ness" makes me feel like a bad parent when I talk with Cam, who is always pointing out how "serious" losing that much weight is.

Anyway, we'll see what happens with our little guy. Emphasis on "little"...


2 comments:

Heidi said...

I sort of know how you feel ... Porter was in the 3rd percentile for his four month check-up and so I had to start supplementing him with formula. He's gained about two pounds in one week. yikes. I hope everything goes well with Parker's doctor visit!

Holly said...

Oh Jes that's crazy!! Maybe he's just little because his mom is so tiny... He is adorable, regardless of how under-weight he is!! Hope everything is going ok, miss you guys!