
About the California trip: of course the beach was part of our routine. Every day. Parker didn't appreciate that. The first evening we went, it was rather windy and the waves were crashing against each other. He screamed (yes, screamed) the whole time. Reason #1 why Parker didn't like it. Reason #2 occurred the next afternoon when the sand was too hot and too sharp and the tide coming in was gonna get him. He cried for the first little while, but as long as he could sit on the towel away from the water, he was fine. He fell asleep there. The next day we went, we finally coaxed Parker to throw pebbles (one of his FAVORITE activities) toward the water. The tide came up too close to him a couple of times and he decided he was done. Ah, well... maybe when he's older...

Independence Day was spent in Richfield with more family. I thought for sure that Parker would be terrified of the fireworks, but he thought they were the coolest thing he's ever seen. He seemed to come out of his shell during the parade, too, while running for candy.
I guess I might as well mention that we're buying a house in Enoch. We're still playing the waiting game with the bank and such. The rate things are going we may not make it in by the time the baby is here, but whenever God thinks is best... is BEST. We've already taken down Parker's crib (he's been sleeping on his mattress on the floor) so the baby may be sleeping in the pack n' play for the first few days of his life.
Speaking of Baby (I've just got so many updates, don't I?), everything is going well! I'm noticing swelling ankles a lot sooner than I did with Parker, and I think the heat is getting to me this time. I also remember that Parker moved a lot, but I'm not sure if he moved as constantly or as insanely as this kid does. I don't remember Parker ever waking me up at night with his taekwondo. It'll be fun to have him here; we're excited.


No comments:
Post a Comment