I took him to the doctor yesterday (Nov. 8) hoping to simply get the breathing treatment and the same prescription we got last time and we'd be on our way. But after the breathing treatment did nothing for him, the doctor decided it would be safe to stay a night in the hospital. Poor Parker did not take kindly to his first IV or the many cords that were taped to him. I surprised myself when I didn't even feel like crying.
But on my drive home (I took Stockton home to sleep and Cam stayed with Parker), I guess even the little things built up into one big one that came out in the form of tears. Watching your baby scream because he doesn't know what's going on and having him cry, "Daddy, Mommy, hand" is heart wrenching!
Luckily he's doing a ton better this morning. You can tell by the way his chest moves that he's not struggling anymore, and you can't hear his raspy breaths. He still hasn't eaten much, but his appetite has improved a lot since yesterday. He didn't eat ANYTHING until 4:30pm when the nurses gave him some fruit. So far today (it's 1pm now) he's eaten a little more fruit and some juice.
Hopefully we're good to go by tomorrow morning. I think I liked my labor and delivery time in the hospital better than this time. :)


![]() |
| Watching Cars made him feel all better. |




1 comment:
Breathing problem are scary. :( Porter is on a permanent inhaler and he's had numerous breathing treatments. I'm glad that Parker is doing better! You're such a good mom, Jessica.
Post a Comment