Monday, January 6, 2014

Letters (N, O, P, Q, and R)

Yes, I need to catch up. Here's a quick review of the letters we have done since October...

N Day
We worked with numbers by playing hopscotch, and Parker traced the letter on the sidewalk. We also did Nascar races--it had to do with cars, so Parker was happy-- and watched a documentary on narwhals, which was quite... interesting. And then it came time for my favorite activity for N Day: nap time.


O Day
Apparently, O Day didn't merit any pictures. We simply watched documentaries on owls and octopuses... and that's all I can remember..

P Day
There are a ton of fun things to do on P Day because tons of crafts start with P. All I can remember us doing is eating lots of pears, peaches, and pineapple, painting, and playing with play dough.


Q Day
This day was one of our favorites. We went on a quest to find the queen's quill. I hid a paper question mark around the house, and every time Parker found it, I asked a question that gave a clue as to what our next section of the quest would be. 

The sections included: a quiet section, a quick section, a section where we had to find a quail, a find-a-quiver-of-arrows section, a shoot-the-quail-for-dinner section, and a find-a-quarter section. 
At the end, we found the quill. But a mean witch--me--wouldn't let Parker have it.
Parker burst into terrified tears. I guess I'm more of a witch then I thought! Ha, ha.
After I got him calmed down, he had to pay a quarter to the witch to get the quill and then present it to the queen.
Parker asked to do it again, so I say it was a success!
He found the question mark!
And the quill! He hasn't started crying yet... :)
His own handwriting. :)


R Day
We watched a short segment on rhinos, rams, and--because it was close to Christmas--reindeer. We also did a few tracing and coloring activities and then played robots. PH3.3, SH1.3, and MOM25 were our robot names. Ha ha.



No comments: