Thursday, October 10, 2013

M Day

I must admit I found this idea for mud a long time ago so this isn't from my own mind. (I found it on www.playcreateexplore.com just in case you're looking for some ideas to do with your kiddos.) But I'm glad we found it because it was fun!
While I grated a bar of soap into a bowl, Parker and Stockton were incredulous that I was actually letting them unroll two rolls of toilet paper! But their incredulity didn't last long. They hopped right to it.


Parker took a break from unraveling and decided to use the toilet paper to make a monster truck track. It started with M so I was okay with that. ;)
  
 Along with the grated soap bar and 1/3 c. of Borax we stuffed the toilet paper rolls into a bowl and poured warm water over it. Then we mushed it around until it got to... well, think mashed potatoes consistency.
Both Parker and Stockton were hesitant to touch it, but given time Parker was mushing around in it with me. Surprisingly, it was Stockton that took a little longer to be okay with touching the mud. I put a little ball in front of him and, after what seemed like forever, he finally picked it up and threw it. The look on his face of pure pride and excitement was SO cute. He was absolutely thrilled with himself that he had finally touched it.


Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Great for the birthday money you sent to Parker. He picked out this monster truck/garbage truck and is so excited about it. :)

 We spent most of the day playing monster trucks. Of course, that was Parker's favorite activity.



 Then we simply colored some things that started with M. I was so pleased and surprised when Parker traced the M all by himself! He simply said, "I'm gonna color the M." And there it was. :)

I had more plans for "M" Day than what we did, but Parker had fun so that's all that matters. Maybe next time through we'll make a map that leads to some M&Ms, learn about money, or do more with music. Yes, next time...

No comments: