Thursday, May 10, 2012

Blessings in Disguise

During the past week, our managing position has required a little more work than usual. We've had three tenants move out, and because of our picky-ness when it comes to cleaning, we've been cleaning a lot lately.

Throughout this process, I have repeatedly told myself that I prayed for patience and this is what I received. So, all this cleaning and trying to have good thoughts toward the old tenants is really a blessing, right?

Another blessing--a more tangible one--came three days ago. With tenants moving out around the same time, the dumpster was piled high with boxes and bags surrounding it. Upon closer inspection of the dumpster, we realized that some of the things that the tenants had labeled as "trash" were super duper treasures to us! Nice, new-looking pots and pans, good books, expensive knives, a vacuum that works better than ours, stools for our bar, dryer sheets, laundry detergent, drain cleaner, an expensive space heater, and an unwrapped Ghiradelli baking chocolate bar (I had to have that one) are just a few of the treasures we found. Call us nasty, but after a good washing, these things saved us some moolah!

No comments: