I was bored today, and both Parker and I were hungry. I found this recipe in Rita Bingham's "Country Beans" and gave it a shot. If you're not a Grape Nuts fan, this recipe might change your mind. It has the same texture, but tastes like brown sugar and honey. The ginger and cinnamon come out in it, too, which makes it, oh, so good.
Mix together:
2 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. white bean flour
1/2 c. dry milk powder
1/2 brown sugar (optional)
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. each ginger and cinnamon
Using an electric mixer, drizzle in 1/4 c. melted honey, 2 t. vanilla, and approximately 6 T. water (enough to make a fine, crumbly mixture. NOT a dough).
Spread evenly on a large baking sheet and bake at 325 for 10 minutes. Stir to break up granules and bake 5-10 minutes longer, or until golden brown. Allow to cool and serve with milk or store in airtight container.
I just used 3 c. whole wheat flour and it turned out yummy. Parker and I also skipped the "allow to cool" step. We couldn't wait; the smell was killing us!
Thursday, February 14, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I've made that very recipe. Do you remember it? Good for you for being so healthy!!!
Post a Comment