Combine in a Bosch mixer:
2 c. water
2 T. sugar
2 t. salt
8 T. dry milk powder
6 T. gluten
2 1/2 + c. whole wheat flour
2 T. yeast (sprinkled on top of flour)
As you're mixing, add more flour until dough pulls away from bowl. Mix for 6 minutes. Turn dough onto a floured surface, punch down, and let it relax for 5 minutes. Roll dough into 1/4 in. thickness and cut into six circles, six inches in diameter. Allow circles to rise 15-20 minutes before baking @ 450 for 10-15 minutes. Makes 6 LARGE scones. Cutting them in half was enough food for me. If you can get your dough rolled a lot thinner than I can, this could make 12 scones, I guess. :)
I found the ingredients on a blog somewhere and just made it with whole wheat flour instead of white. Then I found a baked scone recipe in one of my cookbooks and simply followed those directions.
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment